Most banks are open from Monday to Friday, from 8:30 am to 1:30 pm and from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
To open a bank account you must:
- be of legal age (at least 18);
- have a valid ID;
- have a tax code (codice fiscale);
- not have been declared bankrupt.
After signing the contract, the bank will supply you with all the information related to the terms and conditions of service and the following bank coordinates, which are necessary in order to make an international wire transfer:
- IBAN, International Bank Account Number (also known as Clabe or Aba depending on your country), which is an alphanumeric code identifying your bank account (check char + national bank code + branch number + the account number);
- BIC, Bank Identifier Code/SWIFT, which is necessary to send money worldwide.
Before being able to make any transaction, it is necessary to make an initial deposit on your bank account. Traveller’s checks, checks and foreign currency can be exchanged at banks, exchange offices, railway stations and/or airports.
Banca Popolare di Sondrio is the official bank of Politecnico di Milano.
It offers students of Politecnico di Milano the possibility to open a bank account at very good conditions.
Banca Popolare di Sondrio (branch no. 21)
in Via Edoardo Bonardi 4, Leonardo Campus
Opening hours: from Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 13:30 pm and 2:45 pm – 3:45 pm.
Phone: +39 02 2399 3307
Banca Popolare di Sondrio (branch no. 5)
in Via degli Imbriani 54, Bovisa Campus
Opening hours: from Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 13:30 pm and 2:45 pm – 4:15 pm.
Phone: +39 02 3932 841